AYSO #SOCCERFEST2014 WORLD RECORD EVENT
If you wanted so see some happy faces one spring weekend, TRG could have shown you a few. Well…a lot more than just a few!
- Working as the event activation, sponsorship and P.R. agency for American Youth Soccer Organization’s landmark 50th Anniversary, TRG helped AYSO set the first world record for the Biggest Pick-up Soccer Game on Earth ]on Saturday, May 3, as 14,628 youth soccer players in nearly 140 communities across the U.S. joined up to celebrate!
- The Regan Group was there from the start in helping to find sponsors and partners for the event, and staff and execute it.
- We handed out thousands of samples of Dole products, too, as part of the event sponsorship strategy we helped pull together.
- Open to both AYSO and guest players, the pick-up style national event spotlighted soccer and fun as the foundation of a healthy, active lifestyle. Kids were assigned to age-based pick-up teams as they arrived at the hundreds of soccer fields hosting AYSO’s #SoccerFEST14.
- Thousands of parents, siblings, volunteers and fans were on hand to cheer the players on to this first-ever world record. “We’re thrilled that the nation’s oldest youth soccer organization has established this record,” said Paula Berriz, AYSO’s National President.
- TRG created and distributed PSAs around the program and helped orchestrate local and national initiatives alike to make sure the word got out out about #Soccerfest14.
- It’s just the first of several programs TRG was involved in as part of an overall strategy to get people to help celebrate an organization and a cause that have created enormous good in communities coast to coast.