CUTIES “SPREAD THE SWEETNESS” EVENT
Create and organize exciting sampling events all over Los Angeles on Valentine’s Day to support the ongoing “I Want Cuties” promotion and drive brand awareness.
STRATEGY + SOLUTION
The L.A. Marathon Stadium to Sea run fell on Valentine’s Day. To capitalize on exposure and maximize reach, TRG developed a one day tour event using Periscope video and guerilla tactics throughout the marathon hot spots, Hollywood and West L.A. ending at a stationary event set-up for families at Westfield Century City Mall.
- TRG managed all aspects of event execution, including location scouting and permitting, route planning
- Used Periscope to engage viewers with live content of the day as events unfolded in each market
- Brand Ambassadors were trained to engage people, distribute cuties and talk on-brand
- One Brand Ambassador trained to be the Lil’ Zipper mascot
- Stationary event set up near children’s play area at the Century City mall to engage families with fun cuties-themed color sheets and Valentine’s activities
- Participants could take a photo at the Cuties backdrop with heart candy props. Each photo received a branded digital frame overlay on their picture that could be shared via email or text
- Branded premium sun glasses and totes given out on street and at event
- All 5,000 cuties samples were passed out
- Amazing exposure due to heavy crowds for the L.A. Marathon
- Digital photo overlay was very popular and everyone wanted to share their photo
- Lil’ Zipper mascot attracted crowds and conversation on the streets