Leave a comment
It’s a crazy, complex world of communication, media and marketing out there, an effervescent stew of excitement, buzz, blarney and blather — we’re here to sort the whuuuut? from the wow!
- Is Barbie not for kids anymore?
- This makes a brand look good: Google Doodle your way to BIG scholarships!
- The “strange, true story” of Flappy Bird, the app that flew so high so fast, and what it means for meme-driven marketing.
- Oh, Canada! Check out a Molson experiential event taking place near the Olympics that makes a Canuck proud to be, well, a Canuck.
- Some brands are going large on the Olympics, maybe none larger than Chevrolet as it tries to expand beyond its U.S. base.
- Which Super Bowl ads simply kicked butt in social? If you bet on the Bud, you’d be a winner.
- Pepsi leveraged its Super Bowl halftime sponsorship with a “small town” event/stunt designed to build grassroots cred.
- Maybe Fallon got The Tonight Show, but Conan’s no slouch at social media promotion, like how he uses LinkedIn.
- Speaking of Mister Jimmy, one of the reasons he got the big gig? His expertise at using social media, apparently.
- And doing web-ready bits like his barbershop quartet is part of that success. Irony is sooooo 2000-aughts!
- Another Tonight item? How they’re working with advertisers in unique ways, like this GE partnership. Hey, Jimmy — give Bill Nye a gig!
- And lastly…goats. Just because. And because 3MM hits can’t be wrong — never forget that people are desperate for smiles and sentiment, marketers!