The challenge for TRG? Engaging the hypersaturated young male techno-buff demographic can be a tall order. So when TRG was tasked to develop a social media strategy for Parrot’s much-anticipated AR.Drone, the Wi-Fi enabled quadricopter you control with your iPhone, iPad or iTouch, we partnered with the big guns: NBA superstar Steve Nash and pro skateboarder P. Rod.
]We leveraged our expertise in recruiting celebrities to deliver these celebs for Parrot, and they each participated in a series of viral videos and live events demonstrating AR.Drone:
- Through a series of viral videos (like the one below), strategic Facebook media buys, sweepstakes and contests, we delivered over 10MM in media impressions and $1.2MM in added value media. Forget “liking” it: consumers LOVED it.
- And we put AR.Drone “on the ground,” too, with immersive experiential events at Brookstone locations in NYC, LA and DC that drove sales for that key retailer while prompting viral videos that further expanded the brand’s reach.
- We even visited CES in Las Vegas to drive exposure, and infiltrated the X Games in Los Angeles, where the lovely, sleek and stylish AR.Drone Girls made a definite impression on every attendee!
The results were absolutely airworthy…
- $1.2MM in added value media
- Over 10MM media impressions
- 22% increase in Facebook fans during the promotional window
- 16% increase in Twitter followers
- 29% increase in traffic to AR.Drone’s Facebook profile