How do you keep older fans still engaged with your toy brand – and still attract younger kids? That was Hasbro’s challenge, and they brought it to TRG
Our answer: wecreated the Beyblade Battle Association (BBA), a competitive “league” that would appeal to older kids – and be aspirational to younger ones!
TRG developed a series of retailtainment activations at Walmart, Target, Toys ‘R’ Us and other retailers to support the initiative, capturing incremental display, delivering sales training and hold actual “BBA Tournaments” in the stores.
- Events were held in Walmart, Target and Toys ‘R’ Us and Burger King stores nationwide
- Kids could go online to get “Beyblade certified” to compete in our events
- Event pre-awareness including flyers, local media buys, an official BBA website and Beyblade member email blasts
- TRG produced 3 BBA National Championship events and a World Championship event
- TRG actually worked with Beyblade to develop new product ideas inspired by the BBA platform
- $6MM in estimated added‐value media
- 10k in attendance at four (4) BBA National Events
- 3.8MM impressions with kids (ages 8‐14) and parents via ads, event and web
- 378,962 Unique web site visitors from the West and East Coast Championships