Create and organize exciting sampling events all over Los Angeles on Valentine’s Day to support the ongoing “I Want Cuties” promotion and drive brand awareness.
STRATEGY + SOLUTION:
The L.A. Marathon Stadium to Sea run fell on Valentine’s Day. To capitalize on exposure and maximize reach, TRG developed a one day tour event using Periscope video and guerilla tactics throughout the marathon hot spots, Hollywood and West L.A. ending at a stationary event set-up for families at Westfield Century City Mall.
- TRG managed all aspects of event execution, including location scouting and permitting, route planning
- Used Periscope to engage viewers with live content of the day as events unfolded in each market
- Brand Ambassadors were trained to engage people, distribute cuties and talk on-brand
- One Brand Ambassador trained to be the Lil’ Zipper mascot
- Stationary event set up near children’s play area at the Century City mall to engage families with fun cuties-themed color sheets and Valentine’s activities
- Participants could take a photo at the Cuties backdrop with heart candy props. Each photo received a branded digital frame overlay on their picture that could be shared via email or text
- Branded premium sun glasses and totes given out on street and at event
- All 5,000 cuties samples were passed out
- Amazing exposure due to heavy crowds for the L.A. Marathon
- Digital photo overlay was very popular and everyone wanted to share their photo
- Lil’ Zipper mascot attracted crowds and conversation on the streets