Discovery’s American Heroes Channel wanted an interactive way to help viewers salute, celebrate and show appreciation for their military member or military family hero.
STRATEGY + SOLUTION
Creating a video is one of the most interactive ways to share content, so TRG created the “My Hero Is” contest where participants were asked to join American Heroes Channel in honoring our military members and families by recognizing their service and bravery. Participants created and upload a brief video honoring their own service member, military spouse or military kid for a chance to pay tribute to them on American Heroes Channel and be part of New York City’s Veterans Day parade & celebrations.
- Discovery Education and the National Military Family Association were included as supporting partners
- An education overlay incentive was created where school teachers & parents could get their students involved in making a video honoring their own service member or military family for a chance to win a special Discovery Education Veteran’s Day assembly at their school
- TRG handled all creative designs, website development, legal, winner selection & notification and prize fulfillment
- Supporting digital banner ads were designed to live on the Discovery Channel and affiliated sites
- Supporting social posts created for Facebook
- 5 First Prize winners received a $25 gift pack
- Many participants were excited to have the opportunity to acknowledge their military hero/family
- School classrooms were excited to participate, learn and honor their military hero
- The site acquired almost 6K unique visitors who checked out the contest, participated and/or watched the video submissions in our gallery