Cedar Cove was returning for a second season on The Hallmark Channel, so how could TRG uniquely generate buzz around Andie MacDowell’s show?
- The answer? We put not just one Andie MacDowell to work – we put 70 of them on the streets of New York in a P.R./buzz event touting the Season 2 premiere!
- Three “bike brigade” teams of Andie lookalikes joined the star in riding beach cruiser bikes, just like her TV character’s, around Manhattan
- Each rider was made up and costumed à la Andie, and wore a designer scarf from Mark Holden
- Each of our three teams covered a different route, and spent 4 hours visiting network media/advertising partners and making stops at iconic landmarks like the Brooklyn Bridge and Times Square
- Locals and tourists who spotted the ladies were invited to capture pictures and Tweet or Instagram them using #CedarCoveTV for a chance to win one of 10 beach cruiser bikes
- Local and national media coverage extended our reach
- By client reckoning, our teams may have made as many as 2 million impressions on the ground alone during their tour of midday Manhattan!